Book Online


What is an Accredited Exercise Physiologist?

An Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP) is a recognised Allied Health Professional who prescribes exercise for preventing and managing chronic diseases and injuries, as well as improving health and performance.

Our practitioners have completed a 4-year University degree and more than 500 hours of clinical experience before registering with the governing body, Exercise and Sport Science Australia (ESSA).

We are experts in anatomy, biomechanics, human physiology and the management of chronic disease.

The advanced knowledge and skills of an AEP mean they are recognised by Medicare, DVA, Workcover and Private Health funds.

What are your opening hours?

Mon – Fri: 7am to 8pm
Sat: By appointment only
Sun: Closed

Appointments are limited, and we rarely have time available for walk-in appointments so it is advisable to book ahead.

Where are you located?

We have two clinics operating in Brisbane:

Fortitude Valley Clinic

Co-located at Below Parallel Barbell Club
128 Arthur Street
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006

Rocklea Clinic

Co-located at Valhalla Strength
1821 Ipswich Road
Rocklea QLD 4106

What do I need to bring to my first appointment?

Please bring along the following information to your first appointment (if applicable to you):

  • Recent x-ray, MRI, ultrasound, or CT results
  • Referral letter(s) from your general practitioner, surgeon etc
  • Workcover documents
  • DVA (Department of Veterans Affairs) documents
  • Chronic Disease Management (CDM) and Team Care Arrangement (TCA) documents
What is your cancellation policy?

If you need to reschedule your appointment, please contact us as soon as possible.

Unless otherwise notified, cancellation or rescheduling of appointments within 24 hours of the booking time will incur the full appointment fee

If you miss your appointment at the scheduled time and do not contact us (a ‘no-show’), you will incur the full appointment fee.

Do you accept private health funds?

Exercise Physiology services at our clinics may be covered by your private health provider. You will need to check with your selected private health provider to see if you are covered.

Are my sessions claimable on Medicare?

Chronic Disease Management (CDM) and Team Care Arrangement (TCA) plans allow General Practitioners (GPs) to organise the health care of patients with chronic conditions.

Your GP can allocate a total of 5 sessions per person, per calendar year which Medicare will help fund.

You may be eligible for the CDM plan if you have a current Medicare card and have a chronic condition or injury that has been or is likely to be present for 6 months or longer. This includes but not limited to musculoskeletal injury, accidents or post-operative care, as well as chronic disease management.

Further information about CDM is available via the website.

If you feel like you may be eligible for a CDM, talk to your GP.

Do you accept DVA Gold or White cards?

If you have a:

  • DVA Health Card – All Conditions (Gold Card), or
  • Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (Gold), or
  • White Card (for specific conditions)

the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) will fund exercise physiology services available through DVA arrangements that meet clinical needs.

In order to see you, we will need you to provide us with your DVA card details and a referral from your GP.

Further information about accessing DVA entitlements for exercise physiology services can be accessed via the DVA website.

Do you accept Workcover clients?

Yes, we do. Patients with a referral from their doctor can engage in an assessment and an exercise program tailored to meet their needs, with the end goal to return to work safely as quickly as possible.

Please see your GP or treating doctor to obtain a referral.