What is Exercise Physiology?
Learn what it is and how it can help you
Exercise, at the correct intensity and duration, improves the quality and duration of life. More importantly, it decreases the incidence of chronic health conditions and obesity.
Through exercise physiology, our clients can be assessed and prescribed with individualized, evidence-based exercise programs to help with the management of:
- chronic health conditions
- mental health conditions
How Do I Know If I Need Exercise Physiology?
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, an Accredited Exercise Physiologist might be able to assist you.
Do you want to improve your fitness without exacerbating existing injuries?
Do you have a chronic health condition (diabetes, hypertension etc) which exercise would assist with?
Do you find it difficult to motivate yourself to exercise?
Has your doctor recommended that you exercise to help with a mental health condition?
Do you have goals around weight management?
What conditions do we treat?
Performotion practitioners are qualified rehabilitation specialists. We deliver individualized therapy to sufferers of health conditions such as:
- Joint Pain & Soft Tissue Injuries and Pain
- Lower back pain
- Pre and post-joint replacement surgery
- Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
- Pre and post-operative care for shoulder, knee, spinal and hip.
- Postural Dysfunction leading to general pain – neck, shoulder, hip or lower back.
- Cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- Post-Coronary Artery Bypass Graft surgery
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Diabetes (both Type I & II)
- Weight gain & Obesity
- Anxiety disorders, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)